<span class="highlight">MIO</span> 168 advise please

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 17:21
ThreadID: 46659 Views:1364 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
My Mio 168 pocket pc and gps has just had the screen die, I.E. has all gone to lines.
Guessing LCD has given up the ghost. The question is are these screens repairable and is it worth it for a product that I can replace for about $250 on ebay.
If not any member want it for parts, battrey etc.
Rob
Rob M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 17:32

Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 17:32
Hello Rob - No idea how much it would cost to fix or if it is in fact possible/economical - but I doubt it could be done for much better than $250 (taking into account postage and labour). If I was you I would sell the busted one on eBay - you may get a reasonable price, and use the proceeds to get a replacement device.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 246817

Follow Up By: Member. Rob M (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 17:37

Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 17:37
Thanks Greg. I just had another look and $500 is probably closer to the mark for replacement.
I have already bought a Garmin Nuvi 660 as a repacement and was just thinking of putting it in SWIMBO's car if economical. The garmin is much easier to use as a street navigator than the previous one.
Rob
Rob M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 507614

Reply By: Member - Geoff C (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 17:44

Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 17:44
I have one as well and its getting old. I've often wondered if we can swap our CoPilot accross to another pocket pc or do we have to buy a complete new system. I'm used to CoPilot and the older I get the less I like to have to go through the trouble of learning/setting up a new system.
Geoff
AnswerID: 246822

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 18:53

Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 18:53
Geoff,

Wouldn't CoPilot be running from an SD card inserted in your Mio?

If so, you will be able to insert the SD Card into another PDA and it should go through the installation procedure. Only the barest amount of the application is loaded to the PDA's memory, the rest staying on the SD card.

That's how my purchased copy of CoPilot came anyway.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 507637

Follow Up By: Member - Geoff C (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 19:07

Thursday, Jun 14, 2007 at 19:07
Yep, mines on a sd card but with all the bit about activation etc and different hardware I thought there may be difficulty. I suppose I'll find out onr day.
Geoff
FollowupID: 507645

Sponsored Links